Thursday, April 5, 2012

Smoothies and Toothies



I have a new passion that I have to share, and that is to incorporate a smoothie into the girls' diet about every other night, or  3x/week.  I bought a book w/ over 100 recipes in it, and it's sooo great b/c it's got a phenomenal nutrition section on each page to let you know what each recipe targets, and a lot of the recipes incorporate really natural ingredients like, bee pollen/honey, nuts, and some of them a soft tofu for a great texture and also for some protein, etc...I have been looking for a book like this for a long time, and the girls (and me :-) love icecream/cold desserts, so this is a perfect match; easy and very healthy.  If anyone is interested in knowing the name of the book, let me know.  It's one of those kinds of foods that also allow you to sneak in some "vegetables" too, without any detection from the healthy-food police ;-)
I am in the process of perfecting some of those recipes right now. So, I thought I would show one of my helpers enjoying a freshly-made batch of awesome mixed berry smoothie using the bullet-buddy.   Emily definitely benefits from helping make it, b/c she is much more motivated to eat it, after all that hard work in the kitchen. :-0  Oh, and Hailey has a nice big toothless smile now without front teeth, and she is sooo cute when she talks; she has the perfect "lisp" talk going, and it's so fun to hear her jabber.  It's a long time til Christmas, so she is singing for her birthday "all I want for my birthday"..........

2 comments:

  1. Here's a fun recipe to try; it's called the:
    Green Monster Smoothie!

    1 banana, roughly chopped
    4 or 5 strawberries
    1/2 cup fresh blueberries
    1 small peach, peeled and roughly chopped
    1 heaping cup (or more) fresh spinach leaves, thoroughly rinsed
    splash vanilla soy milk
    1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
    2 teaspoons honey
    1/2 cup crushed ice

    Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
    *this recipe makes a very large smoothie- two could easily share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Julie! I will try it, have to go get some spinach at the store. :-)

      Delete