Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year Day!

Hello! I have not blogged in a while, it feels good to be back; here we are today, February 29th, and it's been fun to explain just what Leap day means to a 6yr. old and a 3yr. old. I first explained the simple fact that Leap Day happens only every 4 years, so that was a pretty cool idea to Hailey. I then tried to explain that the earth doesn't quite circle the sun in 365 days so we have to re-adjust the calendar to make it even with the solar calendar, and then she got a little confused. It didn't go over very well w/ Emily either. Oh well, we wore green today to pretend we were frogs "leaping on Leap day" :-) Oh, I also wanted to share some of these pictures we took of the girls last night as they were getting ready for their bedtimes; Rob recently brought home the girls a large sombrero from the bus, and Hailey and Emily pretended they were having a mexican fiesta in their pajamas. We like to call it the Castalian Springs Jumping beans photo shoot. I so wish I knew how to hook up the video clips to go with these pictures, but soon enough I will have that figured out. Until then, here are my mexican "senoritas pequenos" singing "viva Mexico"! :-0

1 comment:

  1. Already missing those Castalian Springs Jumping Beans!!! Looking forward to seeing you again in just a week!

    ReplyDelete